01 January 2009

so this is the new year?

With a kiss and a sip of sparkling cider we rang in a new year with some great friends and most importantly each other!
An eventful year for the both of us and I couldn't help but reflect on how quickly 2008 has escaped me especially since there were moments that seemed like eternity anticipating the weekends so we could see each other, the Rizutto's cross country move, Ri's move to the valley, and his new job and of course our wedding. In my family we celebrated 3 weddings. Hannah & Greg in January, Jeremy & Kayla in May and Riley and I in June. Allen my nephew was baptized in March and Meghan added two goats to her menagerie in the back yard. My parents yard has become a little farm with 3 chickens, 2 goats and a dog.

I am so blessed with great family and friends and especially to spend my days with my best friend learning new things, growing, seeking understanding together, discussing our future, cooking new things together, teaching together, experiencing him bear testimony of God's love and Christ has been an amazing gift and I love to grow with him, I love to be by his side and I love to love him!

these are some things to enhance my life in{2009} much easier then those pesky resolutions that don't make it past January

Laugh
because that's where those great wrinkles on our faces come from, because that's how we make it through the hard stuff, because we shouldn't take ourselves or others too seriously, because it is a beautiful noise that resonates and it looks better then a frown, because we can.


Simplify
simplify: days
simplify: thoughts (don't overthink)
simplify: evaluations/reactions
(relax)
simplify: relationships

simplify: life
(enjoy it)

Balance

...of self,environment,mind,body,soul,heart,LOVE,work, spiritually,home,play,thoughts/reactions.



{illusion of control}
"If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.".

-Brian Andreas



Happy New Year!

No comments: