15 July 2008

1 Hot dog please, hold the hot dog. . .

So I Love hot dogs. I used to hate them but it was more the principle of eating something that consisted of well... you know stuff. Anywho as I have grown older I have attained a true love of the things. Maybe it was Baseball, America's favorite past time that made the manufactured treat so tantalizing and famous, whatever the case I feel like an American when I partake in the tradition of my progenitors and not only crave but devore the mixed meat treat slathered in ketchup, mustard and on occasion relish yum yum yum. I like to compare it to meatloaf, don't really know what's in there but I sure do love the stuff. And don't mind going back for second helping even. Our new favorite and simple dinner has been Nathan's Hot Dogs. We splurged and bought some on sale for the 4th of July and with our handy George Forman Grill we roasted those bad boys up . They were sooo good and with the ketchup packets that I have previously hoarded from a take out restaurant the treat was made complete. I usually grab a handfull of condiments, and what I don't use at the time comes home for that special occasion when I need it most. Some may think this is a glutonous act taking more then I need, i'm just planning ahead and for some reason I think I like the condiment almost as much as the substance they are meant to enhance.

Anywho we have found our favorite and New Yorks also. Nathans has been around since 1916 and boy am I glad because those are some good hotdog # 1 in my book. We tried another brand Hebrew National no comparison, (cosher my eye) so if you are feeling patiotic please please eat a hot dog and go to a baseball game but not in that order.







And if you are ever in downtown LA and you want to do it right after shopping in the garment district try Pink's! They've been around since 1939 and have housed some big names and chins aka Jay Leno, ellen to name a few and so many more. They have the wildest combos like muchrooms and swiss on a hotdog, onion rings and chedder etc...


No comments: