30 April 2008

Indiana


For as long as I can remember this has been my favorite movies, basically one of my favorite thrilogies and this man in his riper years was my young little hearts desire. Indiana Jones! Sigh...
-
Believe it or not I own this very poster and have it stashed away in some remote location in my bedroom along with other random posters that used to occupy the confines of my teenage bedroom. Rumors have been going around for a couple of years regarding a fourth Indiana Jones movie. I didn't want to get my hopes too high but the rumors are true and come May the mysteries will be unfolded yet again.
-
As a side note some of my favorite Trilogies are:
Indiana Jones
Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future
Star Wars... is possibly one of the only series that has succeded in breaking the mold there are 6 of them all extremly high profitting films. Even though they are considered to be two seperate series the old and the new Star Wars. I mean really with the lack of computer aided technology and graphics and impossibly small budget George Lucas did a pretty good job in the 70's.
The Newer Batman 3's!!! Christian Bale is Batman and has far surpassed Micheal Keaten's portrayel of the cahracter.
The Bourne Thrilogies
-
Other well known trilogies+
The Godfather, Pirates of the Caribbean, Rocky...
And just for fun some other successful 3's Super Mario Brother, Sonic the Hedgehog, Halo, Mortal Combat, Final Fantasy et cetera et cetera.
-
Anywho, In May of this year Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out. I am excited for mulitiple reasons that don't include the trailer. It isn't very exciting but George Lucas is one of the writers, Steven Spielberg is directing and the cast is very good. Harrison Ford as Indiana of course, Cate Blanchett, she doesn't make bad films and is a phenominal actress, Shia LaBeouf, whom I've had a little crush on since his "Holes" movie, Karen Allen who isn't huge but she was in Raiders of the Lost Ark and thus she will surely add
an element of nostalgia.
-
Famed archaeologist/adventurer Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones is called back into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls. (This is a synopsis according to IMDB).
-
So many questions left unanswered, What is the crystal skull? Will Dr. Jones in his not so youthful, unshaven state be able to conquer the enemy, save the girl, retrieve the crystal skull and still look good while doing it? Does he still have his trusty hat that really makes him Indiana and will his whip come in handy? I am more then willing to pay the attrocious price $9.50 to find out on May 22, 2008.

No comments: